Lincoln, NE, is a city full of history. From the beautifully designed State Capitol building to the world-famous Haymarket District, there are plenty of landmarks and tourist attractions that will keep you busy for days on end.
1) The Haymarket District is an entertainment district with bars, restaurants, shops, and more! It's home to about 12 venues, including clubs like The Bourbon Theater or pool halls like The Billiard Club. You'll find everything from karaoke night at Grand Central Station to live music at Oyster Bar & Grill - all within walking distance from each other.
2) There are also several art galleries in town worth checking out. The Sheldon Museum of Art houses an impressive collection, including works by Salvador Dali and Georgia O'Keeffe.
3) The State Capitol building in Lincoln, NE, is a beautiful piece of architecture that can be admired from the outside or toured on the inside. Tours will take you through the wings where the chambers for Nebraska's legislature sit and give you an inside look at the unique architecture of the dome and rotunda.
4) The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a staple of the Lincoln, NE community. If you're a sports fan, check out a game or stop by on a football Saturday to see Memorial Stadium in all its glory.
5) If you're simply looking for a relaxing time, be sure to visit Holmes Lake. Visitors are allowed to bring their boats and jet skis or rent from several local vendors. There's also plenty of space for family picnics, walking the trails, or gathering around the fire pits on cooler evenings
6) If you love the outdoors, there are plenty of parks and recreation areas to enjoy as well. Gifford Park is a popular park in NE because of its giant fountain, beautiful gardens, and large pool area complete with water slides. It's also a perfect place to watch the annual 4th of July fireworks show over City Stadium.
7) If you're looking for a unique meal, head over to Gerhard's German Restaurant. Located in the Haymarket, it serves up some of the best sausages and schnitzel you'll ever try with a unique flair that is all their own.
8) For visitors looking for something different from typical tourist attractions, check out The Great Plains Zoo or Omaha Children's Museum.
9) Pioneer Park is also a favorite among visitors and residents. The park features an amazing carousel that has been fully restored, along with a miniature train, paddle boats, and plenty of places to picnic.
10) You can also enjoy playing a round of golf at one of Lincoln's well-known courses like Wilderness Ridge or Quarry Oaks.
There are plenty of things to do in Lincoln, NE. Whether you're looking for relaxation or entertainment, there's something for everyone!