Here’s another version of an All-American favorite – buffalo tenders!
Typically, these are fried in damaged oils (bad fats), loaded with refined flours, additives, and of course conventionally raised chicken. This recipe actually has organic chicken, good fats, extra nutrients in the breading and nothing artificial!
- 2 packages organic chicken tenderloins
- 2 organic free range eggs
- 1/2 cup finely ground almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- sea salt
- granulated garlic
- hot sauce (check ingredients- no MSG, no sugar, no additives)
- coconut oil (about 1/2 jar)
- Sprinkle chicken tenderloins with salt and pepper. Dip into egg and then almond / coconut flour mixture. For best results, refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil to medium/high heat in a non-teflon pan (stainless steel, cast iron or thermalon).
- Gently place chicken tenders in the pan in batches, doing only 4-5 at a time. Do not crowd the pan.
- When brown around the edges, flip and brown the other side. (Breading will be very fragile so be careful).
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees until no longer pink in the middle.
- When done, they can be eaten plain or made into buffalo tenders. Simply sprinkle with garlic powder and drizzle with hot sauce on both sides.