Close to a third of the population deals with chronic pain that limits their mobility and quality of life. For parents, this can be harder as they juggle work, children, and activities between trying to keep up with everything else. It's no wonder then why chiropractic services are so popular! Several people have never really stopped to think about chiropractic services.
They may know that they are a type of wellness service but don't understand how chiropractors can help their health. Chiropractic services in Lincoln are very focused on the spine and nervous system. The goal is to identify any imbalances in these two systems and make adjustments so your body functions properly again. This article will provide more information about chiropractors and what they can do for you.
Chiropractic services lincoln
Chiropractic is a type of wellness service that focuses on the spine and nervous system. The goal is to identify any imbalances in these two systems and make adjustments so your body functions properly again. This usually begins with a chiropractor performing an exam, which may include x-rays if necessary. They will then analyze your current status and create a treatment plan based on what they find out from the exam and other sources of information.
How Does Chiropractic Work?
Many people don't understand how chiropractors work because it deals primarily with manual manipulation. Still, this adjustment helps realign joints, improve spinal movement, increase blood flow to nerves, decrease pain levels throughout different parts of the body caused by pressure from surrounding bones, ligaments, and muscles.
Your chiropractor will manipulate their hands to apply a controlled force on your body to reduce any pressure causing an issue that is often the cause of pain or discomfort. This adjustment may also be called "chiropractic adjustment" or simply "adjustment." The goal of this treatment plan for you as a new patient at a chiropractor's office is to reduce abnormal muscle tension and to realign joints, so they are once again functioning properly.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Health Care Treatment
You may have been notified for years that chiropractic services are a form of alternative medicine. This is due to the belief that manipulating bones and joints can cure illnesses or ailments, which has not yet been proven by scientific research. However, many people do see benefits from chiropractors such as:
- improve spinal movement
- increase blood flow to nerves decrease pain levels throughout different parts of the body caused by pressure brought on from surrounding bones, ligaments, and muscle
In addition to relieving joint problems, chiropractors can find other causes behind these issues, including:
- muscular imbalances
- postural misalignment
- stiff hips or neck due to sitting too long, and much more
The chiropractic process is a natural way to help you heal itself by creating balance through adjustments to the spine, joints, and muscles. As with any medical treatment plan or recommendation for wellness care, you must consult with your doctor before taking on chiropractic services as part of the journey toward living healthy.
What Services do Chiropractors Provide?
Chiropractors work to find the cause of your pain and offer various therapies that can help you heal. They are trained in adjusting not only misaligned vertebrae but also other joints such as those found in your hand, foot, or jaw. In addition to chiropractic adjustments, some doctors may prescribe gentle physical therapy exercises or recommend a therapeutic massage for pains.
Your doctor will most likely provide specific guidance on what they think is best based on their understanding of your condition and needs. At Good Life Family Chiropractor, we understand how different people might need different types of health care plans depending on their medical history and lifestyle, so our services are tailored accordingly:
- core chiropractic
- minimize toxins
- oxygen and exercise
The Benefits of Chiropractic Services
There are many benefits to chiropractic services in lincoln. Chiropractic services are a vital part of your wellness routine. They correct any misalignment in your spine and joints by manually manipulating them to apply gentle pressure, removing nerve interference that can cause pain or discomfort throughout the body.
This is beneficial because it will help reduce stress on your body from chronic conditions such as degenerative disc disease. It releases endorphins (natural mood enhancers) for good moods by lowering anxiety and depression while promoting feelings of relaxation. As such, chiropractor Lincoln, Nebraska, recommends chiropractic services for anyone who wants a positive change in their life no matter what lifestyle they have!
The Benefits of Regular Chiropractic Visits for Adults, Children, and Pregnant Women
The usefulness of chiropractic care for children and adults are as follows:
- It provides them the opportunity to grow up as healthy and happy kids.
- It helps build a strong foundation in their spine which can help reduce or prevent lower back pain later on in life, among different things like providing relief from ADHD symptoms, headache relief, sinus congestion relief, and more!
- It can reduce or prevent pain and chronic headaches, among other health problems like sciatica, carpal tunnel syndrome, and neck pain.
- It helps adults live a happier life by reducing anxiety and depression while promoting feelings of relaxation, which come from endorphins released when you have regular chiropractic visits in Good Life Family Chiropractic!
The benefits for pregnant women are as follows:
- It reduces the chances of pregnancy problems, which in turn can reduce the incidence of premature births.
- It can help pregnant women be more comfortable and less stressed during their pregnancy, helping them give birth easier than without chiropractic services.
- Chiropractic care helps reduce back pain and related discomfort that often leads to muscle tension during pregnancy.
- Chiropractors encourage mothers to maintain a healthy weight through diet plans and exercise programs at all stages of pregnancy, but especially when carrying multiples or being over 40 years old. This is critical because a study has shown how excess pounds gain more than doubles a woman's threat for complications such as gestational diabetes, preeclampsia (high blood pressure) leading to preterm birth (less than 37 weeks).
- Chiropractic care can help pregnant women have a much easier pregnancy experience with fewer backaches!
Taking care of your spine with a chiropractor is one way to take care of yourself for many years into the future. It is never too late to start making changes for your health and wellbeing as they will not only make a positive difference now but also down the road in your lifetime."
What Happens at Each Chiropractic Appointment?
During a chiropractic appointment, chiropractor Dr. Jacob Tucker will ask you your main complaint and any other symptoms. He may take a complete history of the problem, including asking questions about your medical condition(s) including;
- past injuries
- previous treatments for pain relief
- current medications
- diet habits
- sleeping patterns
How Should I Prepare for my First Visit to the Chiropractor?
Preparing yourself before visiting a chiropractor can help with ease of mind while on his/her care: This includes;
- Eating healthy foods regularly includes fruits, vegetables, dairy products, whole grains, lean proteins, poultry, fish, etc.
- Sleep 8 hours every night to recharge our physical body's batteries.
- Drinking lots of water but not too much- to stay hydrated and maintain fluid balance.
- Staying off of your injury - even if it is painful.
- Exercise at least three times a week for 30 minutes or more with lots of stretching.
The chiropractor will consider all they learn about you during this first visit to formulate the appropriate treatment! This includes:
- Learning how often we have pain or discomfort.
- What causes our symptoms, such as sports injuries, falls, etc.
- When did our problem start?
- How long has it been going on?
- What makes our condition better or worse?
And many other things--so getting ready before your appointment may help make time go by faster while waiting on results from the chiropractor.
Why it's Significant to Keep up With Regular Treatments Even if you Feel Better now
It is essential to keep up with regular chiropractic treatments for a few reasons.
- Your spine provides the foundation for all your body parts, meaning that if there is an injury or misalignment somewhere in your spinal column, it could result in problems elsewhere too.
- You may feel better after treatment but not be cured of your pain, which will only get worse over time without adjustments to fix any underlying issues.
- You may not be feeling any pain or symptoms at the moment, but chiropractic care is preventative and can help you avoid future problems.
- Your chiropractor will be able to recommend you with exercises or stretches to help relieve pain and discomfort.
- You may not feel the benefits of adjustments/exercises immediately, but they are much more effective when done regularly.
- Your chiropractic treatments could save you money in both reduced medical costs and lost income if your back affects your ability to work.
- With a doctor's referral, most health insurance companies cover at least part of the cost for chiropractic services.
Chiropractic services will provide you with the peace of mind that your body is healing properly. You may have plenty of questions about chiropractic services in lincoln. You've likely heard some things from friends or read something online, but you're not sure what to believe. If you want the facts, we encourage you to call and set an appointment with Good Life Family Chiropractic today and speak with one of our knowledgeable teams!
They can answer your questions without judgment because they know that people are more than their pain levels or medical diagnoses. What matters is knowing who cares for them on an individual level--and at Good Life Family Chiropractic, it's us! That means we don't just fix problems. We work strongly to get to know each person as a whole being and care for all aspects of wellness.