Pain is one of the most common complaints that patients have. It can be caused by many different things, such as injury, illness, or other medical conditions. For those who don't want to take medication all the time or need a more natural remedy for their pain relief, chiropractic care may be just what they're looking for.
This article will cover various ways to prevent and manage pain with chiropractic care in Lincoln, NE.
What are the common causes of pain and discomfort?
Pain and discomfort can arise from various sources, but the most common is injury (sometimes known as acute pain), illness or disease (known as chronic pain), and other medical conditions.
Acute pain is short-lived and usually responds well to treatment with over-the-counter medications like aspirin or acetaminophen. In contrast, chronic pain often requires prescription drugs that may have side effects.
Other causes include arthritis, nerve damage due to diabetes mellitus/diabetic neuropathy, inflammation caused by venous insufficiency, or deep vein thrombosis in your leg(s).
What's so good about chiropractic?
Research shows that people who visit their doctor for regular chiropractic care are more likely to have less pain and a higher quality of life.
Chiropractic care is an effective tool for managing pain because it uses safe, natural treatments that can be adjusted based on each patient's individual needs. For example, the chiropractor will adjust your spine in a way that restores or maintains proper alignment, which stimulates nerves and helps with blood flow to help alleviate pressure on the discs between spinal bones.
Chiropractors also teach their patients how to prevent future injuries by practicing good posture habits and reducing stress through activities like yoga or meditation. Learning how to manage your pain is essential, and chiropractic is one way to do it.
How does pain affect your quality of life?
Pain can have a significant impact on your daily activities or moods. For example, chronic back pain might cause you to avoid the physical activity that used to be part of your routine, while acute neck or lower back pain may make it difficult for you to sleep at night.
Even if you're not in constant discomfort, having recurring bouts with pain from time to time can prevent you from doing what's most comfortable for you - like sitting at work all day without being able to stand up once in a while because of sore hips or feet. Additionally, some people are more sensitive than others when it comes to pain.
If you're one of those people, it might take a little longer for the "pain fog" to clear from your head and when you have more than just an occasional bout with discomfort or pain.
The good news is that chiropractic care can be used as part of a comprehensive treatment plan that includes over-the-counter medication or prescription drugs to help reduce acute and chronic pain episodes - making life better overall.
What are some ways I can prevent my back from getting worse?
You may want to do some things daily, including practicing proper posture habits (like sitting up straight), building core muscles through weight lifting exercises such as squats, lunges, and plank poses, and minimizing the amount of time you spend sitting at a desk or in front of the TV.
How can chiropractic care help with preventing and managing pain?
The first thing you should know is that chiropractic treatment doesn't use drugs or surgery, so it's a safe and natural alternative, which means there are no side effects from the treatments themselves. Here are some other things you can expect when seeking out a chiropractic clinic in Nebraska - such as one near Lincoln, NE:
- They will examine all your joints to see if any are misaligned or swollen.
- They will then examine your spine and back muscles to make sure they're not tensing up too much, which could restrict the nerves in certain areas of your body.
- Chiropractors will make adjustments to the spine and joints using their hands.
- They will offer advice on how to improve your posture so that you're not stressing out any part of your body too much.
- They'll usually recommend a few exercises for you, such as those found in yoga or Pilates classes, which can help strengthen muscles and maintain an active lifestyle.
- Spinal manipulations (or adjustments) can help improve sleep quality and breathing.
- The adjustments they make often help improve mental focus, moods, and emotional stability.
- Chiropractors may provide nutrition and lifestyle counseling to help you with your weight and other health habits.
- Regular check-ups and adjustments can improve your immunity, so you're less likely to get sick.
- Your chiropractor may teach exercises that help improve the function of your body and keep you active.
- Many people think that chiropractic treatment is just for back pain, but it can also help with neck pain, headaches, shoulder pain - even menstrual cramps! And because there are no side effects from the treatments themselves, they're safe to use, too, so feel free to ask questions about what other pains or problems might be helped by chiropractors in Lincoln, NE!
Finding a good chiropractor near Lincoln, NE is easy when people know what they should be looking out for - someone who's trained, knowledgeable about back pain, and has experience with spinal manipulation like Dr. Jacob Tucker.
The critical thing is finding someone you trust because it does take some time before results are seen from these treatments. In cases like this, where there could be long-term effects if treatment isn't completed, it's essential to stick with the process until you're happy.
Common health conditions your chiropractor can provide relief with
Besides lower back pain, neck pain, and hip pain, chiropractic care is known for helping people with other common health conditions. Below are some health conditions that chiropractic care can provide pain relief with:
- Tingling sensations in your arms, hands, and feet
- Numbness or pins and needles feelings in one side of the body, including the arms, legs, or face. This is often caused by a pinched nerve that runs down from the neck to an arm or leg.
- Herniated discs
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cerebral palsy
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Asthma and GERD
- Migraines or other types of headaches
- Muscle spasms and tightness in the back, neck, or shoulders
These are common conditions that your chiropractor can treat, but there are many others as well. Schedule an appointment with your chiropractor today to discuss what they can do for you and determine the best course of treatment.
You can also visit Good Life Family Chiropractic in Lincoln, Nebraska or this website goodlifefamilychiropractic.com to give you a thorough understanding of how chiropractic care can help you prevent and manage pain and discomfort that can affect the quality of your life.
Why do most patients choose chiropractic care over surgery or medication?
Most people understand that chiropractic care is a natural way of reducing pain. But they may not know the number one reason why most patients choose this type of therapy over surgery or medication: it's safe. One example is chiropractic treatment for back pain, which has an excellent success rate in improving symptoms in about 85% of cases. So what are the other ways you can avoid common ailments?
Compared to invasive surgical procedures, chiropractic care is a holistic approach to health. It holds the belief that back pain and other ailments are caused by a misalignment of the spine, which can be corrected through gentle adjustments that may involve hands-on therapy or an instrument called a "spinal adjusting instrument" (or just "chiropractic adjustment").
In addition to spinal manipulation, chiropractors often provide treatment in physical therapy or massage therapy; they might also prescribe anti-inflammatory medications or rehabilitative exercises if necessary. Varying on the degree of your pain, your doctor may recommend a treatment plan that involves one or more of the following:
Physical therapy: Therapeutic exercises and stretches to help you manage chronic pain caused by arthritis, back injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia, and other conditions.
Massage Therapy: A specialized form of touch therapy that helps relieve muscle tension. Patients often feel less stress after just one session.
Prescription Medications: Over-the-counter medications such as NSAIDs like ibuprofen can be an effective short-term solution for aches and pains due to inflammation. However, these drugs should not be used long-term without supervision from a physician because they have been linked with significant health issues like heart disease and stroke. Chiropractors can help you taper off the drugs and transition to safer, more natural options.
What are the benefits of regular chiropractic adjustments?
- A regular chiropractic adjustment is just as effective for chronic issues like sciatica and carpal tunnel syndrome, which often do not go away independently.
- Regular adjustments help to keep your spine aligned so that you don't have the pain of constantly being in an awkward position or moving around a lot trying to get comfortable.
- Chiropractors are experts at helping people manage pain by offering other treatment options such as massage therapy, physical therapy, nutritional counseling, and lifestyle changes if appropriate.
- It also shows improvement in one's sleep quality. People who suffer from chronic back pain are often in many discomforts and have trouble sleeping at night. Still, regular adjustments help ease that by helping the spine stay appropriately aligned.
When to seek chiropractic care for your pain and discomfort?
Pain and discomfort are two of the most common reasons people visit a chiropractor. If you're experiencing pain or discomfort, it's worth your time to contact one of our highly qualified staff members. We can provide an evaluation to pinpoint what may be causing your symptoms and suggest ways for you to get relief.
There is no "one size fits all" approach when it comes to chiropractic care. Every person requires a different level of care, depending on their specific symptoms. With that being said, there are some general guidelines about when it's best to visit a chiropractor or see your primary physician for further evaluation:
- If you have pain and discomfort in the morning before getting out of bed
- If your pain is new and significant enough where it interferes with daily activities such as sleeping or work
- If you're experiencing numbness, tingling, muscle weakness, unexplained headaches/migraines
- If you've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia by your doctor but still experience ongoing pain like neck stiffness or lower back tightness even after using prescription medications
- Most notably, if anyone's sign persists for more than a few days or worsens.
It's always best to consult with a healthcare professional when trying to determine what may be causing your pain. If you're experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned above, it might be time for an evaluation from our chiropractor.
You'll want something that will help you manage your pain and prevent it from worsening. This is why chiropractic care can be so beneficial. It's a holistic approach to pain relief that focuses on your spine and its relationship with the rest of your body. If you're experiencing any debilitating or chronic pain, it may benefit you to visit our doctor today for an evaluation!